Interested in exploring the great Mekong Delta through the eyes of locals? Then this 2-day Mekong Dela tour is the top choice for you. Begin at Ho Chi Minh city and last for 2 days of best traveling experiences by exploring rustic Mekong waterways as well as the daily life of locals. Be an overnight guest in a native’s home, immersed in the lush green of vegetation, take a boat trip to experience the bustle of floating market and traditional workshops through local lens. The tour promises to bring the most wonderful insight perspective of Mekong Delta ever.
Tour Route: Ho Chi Minh City – Cai Be Floating Market – Tan Phong Island – Handicraft Village – Ho Chi Minh City.
Duration: 2 Days
Start/ End: Ho Chi Minh City/ Ho Chi Minh City.
Time of picking up: 07:30 AM at the hotel’s lobby.
Time of dropping off: 05:30 PM at the hotel’s lobby next day.
Group Size: From 2 people up.
Group Tour: Available – Upon Request.
Tour Category: Mekong Delta tours
- Kindly welcomed with fresh fruits from Mekong Delta
- Explore the famous floating Cai Be floating market
- Go along the waterways by sampan, enjoy the green canopy of coconut trees
- Experience locals’ daily life, pluck the fruits in their orchards
- Catch the frog at night (weather permits)
- Spend a home-stay night
- Various activities to get to know more about locals’ rustic living
- Soft cycling to traditional handicraft workshops
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta: Cai Be Floating Market & Countryside Journey
Day 2: Mekong Delta – Tan Phong Island & Villages Tour – Ho Chi Minh City
- Full Itinerary
- Price & Inclusion
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta: Cai Be Floating Market & Countryside Journey (L, D)
Picked up at the hotel at around 7.30 AM, we will drive to Cai Be, Mekong Delta. On the arrival, we will be warmly welcomed by the local guide and enjoy some fresh, exotic tropical fruits, and then we will embark on a boat to explore Mekong Delta waterways, Cai Be floating market and traditional handicraft villages. The boatman will take us to the homestay in Tan Phong Island to check-in and have lunch.
In the afternoon, the local host family will take us to their orchards where we can learn about different plants, gardening. You can enjoy the interesting experience of using bare hands to pluck the ripe fruits from the trees if you wish. Then, we will visit their vegetable garden and do some more gardening such as planting or watering the vegetables. We can also help the host family to pick up some vegetables for dinner. After that, we will be back to the homestay to shower, to help with preparing in the kitchen and finally to enjoy the meal in a friendly and pleasant surrounding.
There is a variety of activities in the free evening: night frog-catching (weather permits), teach English to local children. We will spend a whole night in the homestay.
Day 2: Mekong Delta – Tan Phong Island & Villages Tour – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Waking up early in the morning is a great thing to do. Enjoy the fresh air. Hear the roosters’ crow, listen to the early birds’ song and other sounds which only countryside areas have, stroll around the village to see their morning life with busy farmers starting their work.
Back to the homestay, have breakfast and then we will cycle around Tan Phong Island to see the beautiful sceneries and to visit some handicraft workshops of handbags, rice papers, wooden handmade things. After that, we come back to the homestay, check-out, say goodbye to the hospitable host. Back on a boat, we go back to the mainland. There we will our car waiting. The driver will drive us to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, licensed, great sense of humor.
- Driver: friendly, gentle, responsible, reliable with years driving experiences, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: convenient, comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big windows.
- Viet Vision Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all customers
- Meal as listed in the itineraries (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Water and fruits during the trip
- Entrance fees for activities listed in the itineraries
- Other fees, meals, and own expenses
- Tips and beverages